I believe every one of us can write. We’re just too lazy to prove it. Some of us just didn’t have the exact, right words to say. Some of us just don’t have enough word power to explain our feelings.
How can we be good writers?
Practice! Practice makes us perfect, perfect for dumb stories or half-finished articles that never ever gets done. We should always keep in mind that in order to write well, you have to write more! Write when you’re bored, write while you’re in the bathroom, write when you’ve got nothing to do, write while you sleep! Don’t let laziness live with you! Kill it before it sip up your creative juices!
How can we write good articles?
Research! Don’t plagiarize! You can always do your research without copying ALL the words from the source. Our film professor told us to change one word from a source then it will become yours. The hell is she saying? It actually takes 3 or more changed words for an article to be yours! Well, kidding aside, revising 3 or more words are not advisable for aspiring writers. We should write it with our own words. Meaning, look for the synonym of a word, change a phrase into something like it, add side comments and your style in writing. Just take it easy and relax. And think, “I write good things”.
How can I believe that my articles are good?
Let other person check it for you, if you are brave enough to take criticisms. In my case, I blog it so that other people can comment back and I’ll see their reactions to it. If netizens took their minute to read your entire article and left a comment, then you’re one lucky bunny, but if they are too busy to look at it, let alone ignore your blog, then you’re doomed.
Why do we write?
Me? I write to kill my own demons. I curse the world in my own vocabulary, I call the people I hate by pet names (i.e. MikMik, Luglog and Fulgoso), and most especially, I write to sharpen my mind.
If you are too stressed to talk it out or to just sleep your frustration, try to shout it out in a piece of paper. Do it dramatically though. You wouldn’t want to read your story and be frustrated again to find out that you are relieving your anger. You will have to rewrite your story and make it enjoyable and readable. And then that is the time that you can relax your mind and soul.
Some people write for their jobs. They do it to earn money so that they can support their family’s needs. They are required to write 500 words per article and get paid for it if the editor liked it. It is a little intoxicating to have the notion that you are writing with a deadline. You will have the feeling of procrastination and doubt if you can really write a 500 or so article and pass it on time! Why, yes you can!
How can I not procrastinate?
Just keep your eyes on the goal! But first, you have to know your goal. And this time, your goal is to make yourself proud by reading your article! And a quart of chocolate ice cream is a good goal, too. This way, you can be motivated to get the job done, and get it done fast!
How can I get my creative juices flowing?
- Walk outside. You can see other people. You can be inspired just by looking at them and do some imaginary background check on them.
- Take a long bus ride. Like taking a walk, you can see everything. It usually inspires me to write while I look at the sceneries where the bus is rounding up. Just make sure you write down those ideas or they will be run down by a trailer truck
- Talk to other people. Ask them how they are and what do they do. Strangers are strange, making them the easiest inspirations in writing a story.
- Talk with your friends. Share an experience with them. Laugh with them. Be wacky with them. You can release your stress by talking with them, and from there, you can start writing again.
- Eat. Write about a new food experience. Eat somewhere new. Eat somewhere strange. Then compare the experience with your normal eating habit. You can now start a new article.
- Watch a movie.
- Criticize the movie.
- Read a good book.
- Criticize the book or the author.
What is the real point in reading all this?
The point is, EVERYBODY CAN WRITE! We just have to be brave and believe in ourselves to create a world that we want to live in, even in this real, imperfect world.